Thursday, April 12, 2012

Take Twelve - April 2012, or How Not To Become A Food Blogger

I have too many blogs on my reader. At the end of the day, I spend my free time trying to catch up on reading blog posts rather than doing anything artistic, crafty or tasty. Way back in December, I read about a photo challenge from Ella Publishing called Take Twelve - take 12 pictures on the 12th of each month. So very simple, yes?

No.

In January, the date passed by before I realized it. I'm going to blame it on the holidays and general new year exhaustion.

In February, I didn't pick up my camera at all. Birthday blues.

In March, I missed it by one day.

And today, I just remembered right now.

Fortunately, tonight I had taken photos of the French Friday recipe and a couple other dishes I made for dinner. Unfortunately, I'm too short to work my camera lens properly and the lighting in our tiny kitchen is horrible. I decided that I'd take all my crap photos and put them together for my very first Take Twelve submission. Focus, lighting and composition be damned!*

Enjoy!

Take Twelve - April 2012    How Not To Become A Food Blogger
* None of these photos were cropped or color-corrected in any way. Recipes: Sardine Rillettes; Steamed Asparagus; Chicken, Apples, and Cream a la Normande

1 comment:

  1. Fresh, colorful vegetables always look pretty in pictures to me.
    I also didn't love the look of my pictures, but loved the way they work when they are all together.

    ReplyDelete