Saturday, April 14, 2012

Humbled by a pair of googly eyes.


Today, my son and I were working on some arts and crafts. His job: create a monster from a dried gourd, pipe cleaners, tissue paper and glue (and a little help from Mama). When I handed him the googly eyes to glue on, he stuck them on the bottom of the gourd, as you see in the photo. I started to say, "No, not there, put them here," and then, thankfully, I caught myself and decided to shut my fat trap. Do I really know better than him about where the eyes on a monster are?

He has a pretty good imagination, that one. And I absolutely adore what came out of it today.


The hardest thing about reality is returning to it after an hour inside your child's mind.  ~Robert Brault



* Thanks to the Japanese American National Museum and Target for hosting the free Monster Mash event today!


No comments:

Post a Comment