Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Natural History Museum and the Butterfly Pavilion

I woke up with a grand plan - take my son to see the Butterfly Pavilion at the Natural History Museum and hopefully get some photos.


I know that butterflies aren't interesting to a little boy who loves construction vehicles, trains, dirt, and sticking things in his nose. So I tempted him with promises of butterflies AND dinosaurs. He agreed, and we were soon on our way.


The Butterfly Pavilion did not disappoint. We arrived early and it was an overcast morning, so many of the butterflies were resting and waiting for it to get warmer before opening their wings.


We even saw caterpillars munching on leaves and tiny little eggs deposited on plants throughout the exhibit.


Of course, all of that happened in the span of 5 minutes. Immediately after walking into the tented area, my son began looking around for dinosaurs. I explained that the dinosaurs were inside the museum and that we would visit them after we saw the butterflies. His response?


He pointed and said, "Dere's butterflies, Mommy. I want to see dinosaurs now."

Hard to argue with that. 

Here you go, son.



No comments:

Post a Comment