Friday, March 4, 2011

Reflection - Huntington Library, Pasadena


Before my family moved to Santa Monica last year, we lived in the San Gabriel Valley. I'd lived in that area for so long and loved it so much that I was upset when my husband suggested moving to the beach. (Yes, I know I'm crazy.)

Yet I'd spent more than half my life living within a stone's throw from the Huntington Library and I'd never set foot in the gardens until yesterday. I'm so glad we went! The cherry trees were in full bloom in the Japanese gardens. I took pictures of all the orchids I could find to show my mom, who used to have an impressive garden full of cymbidiums.

My favorite photo of the afternoon is this self-portrait in a window framed by tangled vines. I think it's an accurate representation of my last couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment